Hemorrhoids Home Treatment
If your condition is
not severe, you might want to try a hemorrhoids home treatment. The treatment method can be both preventive and curative.
Treatment of Hemorrhoids:
1. Eating fruits like oranges, apples, bananas, prunes,
grapefruits, mangos, watermelon, grapes and cherries enhances
the digestion process. Food products like bread, white flour
products, and sodas should be avoided as they lead to
2. Physical activities like running, walking, swimming, etc.
should be added to your daily regimen.
3. Avoid making the hemorrhoids worse by blotting the anus
gently after bowel movements with white toilet paper moistened
with water or cleansing agent, or with moistened, medicated
pads. Avoid rubbing the anal area, and avoid soaps with
perfumes or dyes.
Simple Hemorrhoids Home Treatment:
1. Apply ice packs on the affected areas.
2. Try a sitz bath, which is a small tub specially designed
to allow the soaking of hemorrhoids without having to take a regular bath. During this home treatment of hemorrohids the rectal area is soaked in hot water for 15-20 minutes about 3-4 times a day. Not only does this help relieve
symptoms but it also aids shrinkage of the hemorrhoid.
3. Apply topical medicated creams. These will help you get rid of the
itching and scratching and help you heal over time.
4. Buy a doughnut shaped cushion. They are available at
your local pharmacy and medical supply stores and can be useful to
hemorrhoid sufferers. Follow the instructions and use it whenever possible.
5. Try to practice healthy bowel habits. Avoid straining
yourself while passing stool. Don't hold your breathe while on the toilet. Get off the bowl as soon as you are done.
6. Drink lots of water as it facilitates your stool
7. You may want to consider herbal methods - Japanese pagoda tree extract, horse chestnut and butcher's broom have been proven to be some of
the best herbal supplements for naturally treating
There are many over the counter hemorrhoids home treatment products at your
local stores or the internet for treating hemorrhoids. However, you never know what you're getting with these, so make sure you research the products extensively before you buy.
Consider the products that have received the most positive feedback on our Best Hemorrhoid Treatments page.